PHS Group is committed to conducting its business with honesty and integrity, and requires all colleagues to maintain high standards of conduct, as outlined in various company policies, including the Health & Safety Policy, the Anti-Corruption & Bribery Policy and the Corporate Social Responsibility Policy. Allegations of wrongdoing are taken very seriously.
However, all organisations face the risk of things going wrong from time to time, or of unknowingly harbouring illegal or unethical conduct. A culture of openness and accountability is essential in order to prevent such situations occurring and to address them effectively if they do occur.
What Is Whistleblowing?
Whistleblowing is the disclosure of information which relates to suspected wrong doing or dangers at work. This may include:
- criminal activity;
- miscarriages of justice;
- danger to health and safety;
- damage to the environment;
- failure to comply with any legal or professional obligation or regulatory requirements;
- bribery and/or corruption;
- financial fraud or mismanagement;
- breach of our internal policies and procedures including our Code of Conduct;
- conduct likely to damage our reputation;
- unauthorised disclosure of confidential information; and
- the deliberate concealment of any of the above matters.
How To Report A Concern - Colleagues
To assist our colleagues in addressing concerns of this nature we have in place a Whistleblowing Policy, which:
- encourages colleagues to report suspected wrongdoing as soon as possible, in the knowledge that their concerns will be taken seriously and investigated as appropriate, and that their confidentiality will be respected;
- provides colleagues with guidance as to how to raise those concerns; and
- reassures colleagues that they should be able to raise genuine concerns in good faith without fear of reprisals, even if they turn out to be mistaken.
How To Report A Concern - Members of the Public
A member of the public with a whistleblowing concern (as defined above) should report it to the Company Secretary on 029 2080 9197. This may be done anonymously, if preferred. Please note that this line should not be used to record customer complaints, which can be handled much more efficiently by contacting our Customer Service teams in the usual way.
Alternatively, a concern may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the Company Secretary, PHS Group, Block B, Western Industrial Estate, Caerphilly CF83 1XH.