Update: Important information about PHS Group emails
On Monday this week (26 October) some of our customers, suppliers and other members of the public reported receiving an email which claimed to be from PHS Group.
The email was entitled “Your New PHS Documents Are Attached” and has a Word document attached to it. This email has not been sent from PHS Group.
If you receive this email please delete it immediately. You should also run the anti-viral software that you have on your device to protect the personal information on your computer or phone.
We reviewed the incident yesterday (Tuesday 27 October) and we are now satisfied that this was a “spoof” email created by a 3rd party with an attachment containing a virus. Unfortunately, this is becoming more common for companies everywhere.
We are confident that the PHS network was not breached and that our customer database was not used in the attack – the senders appear to have used thousands of email addresses from the internet, of which our customers and suppliers were included.
We have engaged with a third party security consultant who has confirmed that we had all possible safeguards in place, and that nothing can be done by PHS to prevent these attacks.
Should you wish to contact us about this, please call us on 02920 851000.
- PHS Group announces sale of its water dispenser operation
- PHS Group announces sale of our Data Solutions business to Restore plc.
- PHS announces sale of its Laundryserv operation
- PHS Foundation raises £100,000 for children's hospices
- PHS Group Launches New Website
- Customer service focus pays off for PHS Datashred
- Double success for PHS Group at Call Centre Awards