Landscaping for David Lloyd Health & Fitness Clubs
Health and fitness group, David Lloyd Leisure, appreciates that relaxation is just as important as exercise to help keep the body and mind fit and well. Which is why they called us in to improve the social, outdoor areas of their clubs, rather than use their current interior plant provider.
Rather than provide a one-size-fits-all approach to the planting, our first job was to survey all 20 sites thoroughly to provide plans and ideas to improve outdoor areas. This way we could take into account requirements at each individual club.
Pathways and distinct seating areas were created using Buxus hedging plants in black timber troughs, while Bay pyramid trees framed the doorways, acting as an invitation to experience the relaxation areas. Specimen Olive trees act as focal points in the decking and paved areas, giving a Mediterranean feel – perfect for enjoying an al fresco evening with family and friends.
Keen to ensure that the social areas are welcoming to all guests, big and small, precautions have been taken to ensure child safety by removing decorative pebbles from accessible troughs and using hardwearing plants that can withstand inquisitive fingers. Bamboo has also been placed in some areas to disguise brick walls or other unattractive features.
The sites have matured well already and are maintained by Greenleaf to ensure the plants are kept in good condition, whatever the weather. The use of automatic watering systems installed at all these sites also means that the plants look their best. With a bit of help from PHS Greenleaf, customers are now able to wind down and chill out in more attractive, greener surroundings.
Why we’re the experts
Interpreting a customer's vision is what we’re good at. Many customers, for example, don’t always have any pre-conceived ideas about what they want for their outdoor planting and we’re happy to use our experience and ideas to suggest and design suitable planting schemes. We also believe in making life easier for our customers, which is why we install automatic watering systems on our outside projects to reduce the need for timeconsuming hand watering.
- Cemex UK
- Whale Tankers
- Universal Commercial Relocation
- Waste management for Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Trust
- Landscaping for Epsom & Ewell Council
- Palm trees at Brighton Marina
- Landscaping at Riverside Quarter, London
- Landscaping for David Lloyd Health & Fitness Clubs
- Bespoke Christmas display for Beechwood Shopping Centre, Cheltenham
- Bespoke Christmas designs for Nationwide Building Society
- Total managed workwear solution for Arriva Bus
- Woodspring Golf & Country Club, Bristol
- Air fresheners at Las Iguanas Restaurant, Bristol
- Document scanning and shredding for Panasonic
- Carpet cleaning for Mapeley Estates
- Upholstery cleaning for Scottish Hospitality and Conference Centre
- Mat cleaning at The Glades Shopping Centre, Bromley
- Floor restoration for South Devon College
- Floor restoration at Pennyhill Park
- Floor cleaning at St Pancras Station
- Waste management for Heaton Moore Medical Centre
- Confidential shredding for Mischon de Reya
- Confidential shredding for the Ministry of Defence
- Confidential shredding for MGM Advantage, Sussex
- Confidential shredding for London Borough Council
- Confidential shredding for Kent Hospital
- Confidential shredding for FACT Federation Against Copyright Theft
- Confidential shredding for Epoch Design, Bristol
- Washrooms at Poole Stadium
- Shredding & recycling for KCOM Group
- Document shredding for Ward Hadaway, Newcastle
- Odour elimination for Alder Hey Children's Hospital