The definitive guide to cleaning a commercial washroom
Here’s what you need to know to ensure your washroom is cleaned to the highest possible standard…
What equipment do I need?
Whether you’re the manager of a small shop, office or café, it’s vital to ensure all areas of your premises are frequently cleaned to a high standard - especially your washroom.
Not only will regular cleaning reduce the risk of spreading bacterial infections such as E.coli, Listeria and Salmonella, but it will help to eliminate malodours and unsightly staining from grime build-up.
Here’s what you need to know to ensure your washroom is cleaned to the highest possible standard.
First things first: it’s vital to ensure your cleaners are provided with suitable chemicals and equipment. Their checklist should include:
- Disposable gloves
- “Closed for cleaning” and “wet floor” signs
- Handheld scrubbing pads
- Coloured microfibre cloths
- A Disinfecting multi-surface cleaner
- Glass and window cleaner
- A mop and bucket with wringer
- Floor cleaning chemicals
- Toilet bowl cleaning chemicals
- Toilet brushes
- Urinal blocks/screens
- Drain maintenance chemicals
- Rubbish sacks
Don’t forget that all mops, cloths and scrubbing pads should be clearly marked and /or a different colour to prevent them being used in other areas of your site (such as the kitchen!).
Your staff will also need a cleaning caddy or janitorial trolley to keep all those supplies neat and tidy!
- Guide to safety testing legislation
- Choosing the right mat
- Guide to the benefits of document scanning
- Guide to the perfect washroom
- Guide to cleaning colours
- Guide to flooring maintenance & restoration
- Guide to high-visibility clothing standards
- Guide to maintaining a vaccine refrigerator
- Guide to PHS Besafe's garment repair
- Guide to playground safety surfacing
- Guide to preventing flu in the workplace
- Guide to preventing the spread of germs
- Guide to washroom services
- Guide to waste management
- Guide to workwear icons
- How to protect your matting & flooring
- Records and document audit guide
- The definitive guide to cleaning a commercial washroom
- The health benefits of plants
- Your floors and the Disability Discrimination Act
- Workplace cleaning cupboard essentials