Food crate services
With hygiene as a major consideration in the food and retail supply chains, we offer a range of Returnable Transit Packaging (RTP) for transporting food products with an integrated wash service, which hygienically washes the crates to food industry standards. Our in-house wash facilities are available on a fully service contract basis, or as a stand-alone service to customers with their own food crates.
- Nationwide availability
- Wide range of food crates, trays and pallets
- Suitable for the transportation of both chilled and frozen goods
- Environmentally friendly
- Easily cleaned to promote a high standard of hygiene
- What to expect
- Price guide
PHS provides a wide selection of RTP food packaging including food crates, bakers trays, collapsible crates, bale arm crates, plastic pallets and pallet boxes.
As well as a variety of food crates we offer various service packages.
We can supply crates with cleaning. You can have crates on a rental service and we will collect these and clean them to food industry standards at one of our wash plant facilities. This means you have no wash plant maintenance or hygiene due diligence concerns. Food crates are washed and available within 24 hours.
Or, if you need extra crates during the busy times then we have the flexibility to supply crates on an ad-hoc rental. This means you’ll get a guaranteed supply of food crates, all year round, whilst only paying for what you use.
If you already have a cleaning facility but struggle during busy times, when you exceed capacity we can clean these crates for you too.Visit our LinkedIn page
- RTP promotes better hygiene than cardboard, wood and other one trip packaging products
- Standard next day delivery of food packaging products throughout the UK
- Dynamic Pooling is available, guarenteeing you'll receive a supply of RTP all year round
- Our washing service is compliant with food industry standards
- You will speak to one of our trained advisers who will assess your current and future needs.
- Set up an account with us quickly and easily over the phone.
- The exact number of crates required will be delivered to your premises at your convenience.
- If on a rental agreement, the crates will be picked up at a pre-arranged time or whenever you call us to say you’ve finished with them.
- If you have an ongoing need for crate rental, our RTP pool management service means you will always have access to enough crates throughout the year.
- If you choose the crate washing service from PHS, we can arrange for your crates to be washed on a regular, contract basis, or as a stand-alone service at your convenience.
PHS offers a wide range of logistics and materials handling rental equipment for the food industry.
Our team of experienced consultants can offer advice and solutions for anything from one-off needs and small companies to large organisations who need a constant supply of clean crates.
Every requirement is unique and will be priced according to the solution recommended, but crates can be rented for as little as 42p per crate per week.