PHS Medical Services provide a range of safe and hygienic healthcare solutions for first aid and professional care facilities, clinics and beauty parlours to help your organisation meet the relevant regulations for your industry. Our medical services include clinical and hazardous waste disposal and a service to update and restock first aid kits.
- Get a quote in 30 minutes
- Compliant with regulations
- Licensed waste carrier
- Flexible servicing frequency
- Manage your account online
- What to expect
Waste managed with care
The UK has several regulations which oblige waste producers to ensure their waste is managed with care and concern for the environment. As a licensed waste carrier, PHS consultants have the experience and expertise to assist businesses through the regulations to ensure your premises are fully compliant to guidelines and legislation.
The swabs and dressings disposal service is specifically designed to hygienically dispose of clinical and hazardous waste from PHS UN approved disposal bins.
Our specialist hazardous waste service safely removes medical sharps bins from your site, including hypodermic syringes and scalpels. The waste is then transported to a PHS waste transfer station in a licensed vehicle and dealt with in a responsible manner.
With our flexible servicing plans, you can also have your clinical disposal bins exchanged every day if necessary.
In addition, PHS medical services provide a first aid kit service as a solution for facilities managers who are legally required to provide, refill and update first aid kits on commercial business premises. To avoid stock shortages, the first aid service refills first aid kits with consumables such as plasters, bandages and dressings for you. Your first aid kit will also be updated to fall in line with any changes in regulations as and when necessary.
Not only does our first aid service ensure compliance with health and safety regulations, but it demonstrates to staff, visitors and customers that you have taken steps to ensure their wellbeing while they are on your premises.
- Flexible service options to suit your requirements
- Hazardous waste service complies with the Hazardous Waste Regulations (England and Wales) 2005, Hazardous Waste Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2005
- Swabs and dressings disposal service complies with the Special Waste Amendment (Scotland) Regulations 2004 and the Environment Protection Act 1990, Duty of care Regulations (Section 34) UK
- First Aid kits are serviced to ensure all consumables are in your kit, helping you meet the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981, Section 3 (1)
- All PHS waste transfer stations and vehicles are licensed and fully compliant with waste management legislation
Our knowledgeable consultants take the time to understand how your business operates, before designing a service schedule with the right frequency to suit your site.
- At the agreed service intervals, a member of our service team will visit your site to tend to disposal bins and refill first aid consumables in your kits
- Once your service has been completed you’ll receive an automated email via our Smart-Track system, detailing the servicing carried out at your site
- We provide you with a waste transfer note that confirms you have disposed of your clinical waste responsible
- Your clinical waste disposal programme is reviewed on a regular basis to identify possible improvements
- To view documents, pay invoices or raise queries you can log into our simple one-click secure online portal.