IT recycling services
PHS specialise in the responsible and ethical disposal of redundant computer equipment, to help businesses fulfil their legal obligations, meet environmental and social responsibility commitments whilst maintaining the security of highly confidential data.
- National collection service
- Security-vetted staff
- Transparent audit trails and reports
- 100% legislative compliance
- Ethical disposal
- What to expect
- Help & advice
- Price guide
Thorough data destruction
As a comprehensive recycling and disposal service supplier, we are able to offer advice for remaining compliant with current waste and data legislation, including the Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment Directive (WEEE), the Data Protection Act and the Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directives.
Failure to properly dispose of confidential data can lead to liability under the Data Protection Act, and at PHS we take the security of your data seriously. Whether your data is stored on hard drives or server tape, you can be confident that our destruction processes are thorough and managed to the highest standards.
Responsibility to the environment and local communities is at the heart of our business. If equipment is unsuitable for any reuse the components are sent for recycling.
However, at PHS we also work with a number of charities to supply refurbished computers to those in need. If you wish, a portion of your redundant data cleansed IT equipment can be used to support worthwhile causes of your choice.
We deal with many forms of electrical and electronic waste, including (but not exclusive to);
- Computer base units
- Mainframes and servers
- Computer peripherals
- Photocopiers and faxes
- Mobile phones
- Security-vetted staff
- National collection and highly flexible service plans
- A sustainable solution to disposing of computer equipment, diverting waste from landfill
- Fully transparent audit trails and management reports supplied
- Fulfils your responsibility to the Data Protection Act and helps you toward your legal recycling targets
- An expert PHS representative will be in touch to assess your requirements
- Your redundant computer equipment is logged and categorised on collection, removed from your premises by qualified staff, and taken to our secure recycling centre in London
- Where our asset tracking service has been commissioned, all serial numbers and reference codes are noted and a report is generated for you.
- Our team of specialists complete a thorough wiping process to ensure that all data is wiped using internationally approved software
- The equipment is reused wherever possible, or broken down into components for recycling
- A Certificate of Destruction is supplied as proof that all confidential data has been completely destroyed
Having provided 50 years of service with the help of expert knowledge from fully trained, professional teams located nationwide, PHS is the UK’s leading provider of high quality workplace products and services.
As we’ve supplied everything from washroom products, specialist workplace supplies, document shredding and storage solutions to companies on a local and national scale, it’s safe to say that we know a thing or two about maintaining an inviting, safe and, most importantly, compliant workplace.
To share our knowledge, PHS has compiled a collection of helpful guides, blogs and news articles so you can ensure your business runs as smoothly as possible.
- In order to provide you with an accurate quote we will discuss with you the requirements of your location
- If necessary we will carry out an audit and list the waste on your site
- We will make recommendations depending on the required disposal route
- We will provide you with a comprehensive proposal to discussed with you a few days after the site visit
- Our waste management pricing model is based on the type of hazardous waste you have and the disposal route required as dictated by the Environmental Act 1990.
Why our customers rely on PHS
Because I am confident that PHS is taking proper care of all the documents that need to be completed, and is handling our hazardous waste with health and safety in mind at all times, I can get on with my work. Dealing with this sort of waste could potentially be a headache; instead it’s a simple and straightforward process. PHS provides a consistently outstanding level of service. The whole waste packing and collection process is carried out with the utmost care and attention to detail – I cannot praise the team’s efforts highly enough.
Safety, Health and Environment Adviser, University of Central Lancashire