Helping you get back to business, safely
2020 was a year rocked by COVID-19. Its impact has been widespread and indiscriminate on health, society and organisations. With so much change, organisations will be defined by their response to COVID-19 and how they will evolve, stay operational and safeguard themselves, their staff and customers for the future.
How is phs helping reduce the risk of COVID-19 for businesses, their customers and our staff?
We implemented a COVID-19 business continuity plan in 2020 to maintain our services, protect staff and minimise the spread of the disease. Our plan is regularly updated to reflect government advice across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and to ensure we are fully compliant with all legislative changes. Included in our plan is:
- Regular COVID-19 training for our operational staff
- All operational staff are provided with the correct PPE, in abundance
- Hand sanitiser is used before each service visit and social distancing guidance will always be followed
- Our operational staff now use a trolley for speedier servicing, allowing them to take waste away and reduce the risk of cross-contamination
- Drivers are unlikely to be in small space, less than two metres apart with someone for 15 minutes or longer. We are a transient service
- All our customer facing teams, service technicians and install engineers take a mandatory weekly lateral flow test at their local depot. Anyone testing positive cannot return to work (in line with government guidance) until confirmed negative for COVID-19
- In line with legislation, only fully vaccinated drivers can service care homes
In short, the procedures we have in place reduce the risk of COVID for businesses, their customers and our staff. These procedures are similar to other organisations who may visit a business premises – delivery driver, external IT providers, cleaners, post/parcel delivery/collection etc.
We are confident as a business that we are taking a sensible approach to minimising risk with the steps outlined above.
At phs, we provide hygiene services to over 120,000 customers, over 300,000 locations throughout the UK. As hygiene experts, we act as trusted advisors to organisations to create COVID-19-safe environments through a range of products and services bespoke to each premises.
Our knowledge centre is also full of up-to-date COVID-19 insights, ensuring your business is getting the guidance and support it needs.